You can watch a short video on how to create a new customer record or read the instructions below.
To create a new customer record an Agent needs to perform the following steps:
1. Navigate to the appropriate Switchboard brand portal in a web browser and select the "Customers" tab.
2. Click on the "New Customer" button located to the right-hand side of the Customer Search input fields (See Figure 1)
3. The Agent will now be presented with the New Customer Modal (See Figure 2)
4. Enter the customer first and last name, as well as the customer telephone number into the appropriate input boxes.
5. To create the new customer record, click on the "Create Customer" button.
6. To cancel the creation of a new customer record, click on the "Close" button, or on the 'X' button located on the top right-hand corner of the Modal.
It's important to note that all of the customer details fields are mandatory when creating a new customer record and that as soon as a new record has been created, the Agent will be directed to the newly created customer's Customer Detail Page to proceed with capturing an order (See Figure 3).
Figure 1: Create Customer Button
Figure 2: New Customer Modal
Figure 3: New customer details page.